Tuesday, December 11, 2018

And...Scene

WE OUT.
Done (almost! two more days!) with the semester and I am ecstatic! I loved my classes and learned a lot but now it's time for new classes and more learning. Yippee! No seriously I love to learn and I'm learning cool things so the excitement is real. This semester I took some intro level TV courses and I will finish them up next semester along with some other courses that I am so pumped for that I want them to start already. 

But first, it is time for a break. A well deserved break. In case you know nothing about my life or are not one of my millions of internet fans, its been quite a year. It'll be nice to relax and put it behind me, and look into the future of 2019. So much anxiety and unhappiness filled 2018, (there was also happiness and smiles, it wasn't all bad) I'm glad I'm ending on a good note. And an optimistic note too.

I think about where I was a year ago and how unsure I was of how I was going to achieve my dreams. Every day I would tell my friends that I wanted to work for television, and make people laugh. But I was writing stories on education and learning about AP style. Honestly I commend my classmates that they're still sticking to it. I used to cry on the phone to my mom about it and she used to say "I think you should transfer" and I'd be like nahhhhh I can't. And then my sorority sisters would walk in the house or my best friend Noa would walk in my room and we would go get Tropical Smoothie or Mexican food. BUT over the summer I applied to transfer, just to see. I got in, I thought about it. All my friends, including all of my campers, told me I'd be crazy not to go. I quit and left camp, got ready for school, started classes and here I am 15 weeks later just a step closer to DOING WHAT I WANT TO DO.

Honestly it's a great feeling. I cried myself to sleep the other night thinking about it. I texted my sister that night and thanked her for helping with pushing me in the right direction and believing in me. Because now, I am confident that I'll be working in entertainment. This semester I have gained the knowledge and skills to get my foot in the door and I will only enhance my skills as I move toward graduation and get more experience. It's exhilarating thinking about how at some point in the future I will be doing what I have always wanted to do; make people laugh. And when that moment comes, I'll know. And every one around me will know because I will be weeping like a baby and clutching my chest saying "THIS IS IT. IT'S HAPPENING. GIVE ME SOME ROOM." COOL RIGHT?!?! Yay art school!

Quick shoutout to my senior year film teacher Mrs. Merola. The last day of class I waited for the rest of the class to leave and asked her to sign my yearbook. She looked me in the eye and asked me if I picked something to study in college and I said no. She told me I might want to consider something in film because I have a really good eye for things. I also want to add that every one in my class though this course would be an easy A and I was the only one that was actually interested in the topics so I was the only one who ever talked BUT she told me I WAS GOOD AT IT. Whatever that means. This stuck with me though. It had been at the back of my head my two years at Michigan State and I think about it whenever I'm doing assignments. I tell myself to look deeper into things. Why are things presented the way they are?

This has helped with my interest in the production side of things and I'm taking a couple production classes next semester. Thanks Mrs. Merola for the help. :)

I also get to write next semester!!!! My intro level TV Writing class starts in January and to say I'm excited is a GIGANTIC understatement. This is what I have been waiting for. This is why I transferred. To write and learn and learn to write and write some more. Can this semester be over already so I can get started?? I mean c'mon let's go people.

That's about it from me right now. I have my last 3 days of this semester and then my dad and I are going to the Schweddy Ball at the museum of broadcasting downtown. THAT will be a whole other thing and I don't know what to expect so I have nothing to say.

Anyway, thanks for tuning into @lindseyrosebini!! Follow @lindseyrosebini on instagram and twitter for daily(ish) fun from ME, Lindsey Rose Rabinowitz.

Until next time, have a happy holiday, stay safe, stay golden, and see ya next time mah dudes. :)

1 comment: