Sunday, January 1, 2017

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Ahhhh David Bowie. A man so wise and inspiring. Two of his songs in particular have really stuck to me and have helped me shape who I am and who I want to be.

1. Changes

Obviously a classic. This song reminds me that nothing is permanent (except time) and you can make changes whenever you want. For example, I just dyed my hair darker. I can change my hair whenever I want. I can change who I am and who I want to be anytime. Change happens all around us but only we have the ability to change ourselves. Time has changed me. Time has allowed me to develop my passions and goals. Time has also made me realize that I have a whole life ahead of me. I don't have to try and fit everything in right now, time won't change. There is always time to accomplish what I want in life. Additionally this song has taught me that if Iw ant to accomplish something, I need to take matters into my own hands. Waiting for something to happen is a waste of time. Making it happen yourself is more rewarding, no matter what might stand in your way.

2. Heroes

This song has stuck to me so hard that I want to get a tattoo of the chorus. "We can be heroes, just for one day...". This song, especially these lyrics, have resonated with me because it makes me realize that I don't have to try and be the hero all the time. Eventually, there will be a day where all my talents and skills will shine in a heroic action and I will be King. But I can be my own hero. Bad things happen and not everything will always go my way, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel. This song reminds me that it is possible to be my own hero and find positivity and beauty in a bad situation.

Making changes and relying more on yourself are hard tasks. Sometimes you need to change your habits and even your whole mindset. Either way something positive will come out of it.
Just turn and face the strange, and we can be heroes forever and ever.


3 comments: