Tuesday, October 3, 2017

SophoMORE of MSU

Live from East Lansing, it's your girl.

47 days into the semester and I am knee deep in the sweetness of East Lansing. The start of the semester has been a little slow but exciting, nevertheless. We've had some good times and some not so good times but, in these 47 days, I have felt older and wiser than ever before. I'm not a tiny clueless freshman trying to find my way around campus. I am a medium sized sophomore struggling to find my classes and trying to figure out the REST OF MY LIFE.


That's all I've been thinking about. The future. Where am I living next year? Where am I studying abroad? Can I get an internship for this summer? The general college things. But me, I like to have everything figured out. I don't like the unknown. But that's part of growing up. Figuring it out.

This year I have gone out less than last year too. School and building my resume seem more important at this time in my life. If you did not know, I want to be a writer. WHAT?! Yes. I don't know what kind of writing so I'm taking electives to see what I'm interested in.

I'm currently in the market for a summer internship so hit me up if you've got one. I'm hoping to do something with social media or literally anything. Anne Hathaway in the Devil Wears Prada? BRING IT. Possibly in Chicago so I can take Second City classes and be a young woman in a big world. That's the dream. To walk through the city streets like I know exactly what's going on and where everything is. Hiding my fear of crowds and crime from all the people passing me on the sidewalk. The song, "Breakthrough" by Hope 7 on repeat in my ears. Have you ever listened to that song? Blast it the next time you are traveling anywhere. It'll get you hyped.

I recognize that there are many steps on the stairs that are my professional life and I don't even have my foot on the first one. But dreaming is what I have always done best. Big dreams keep you motivated and moving. Dreams that are small and "realistic" keep you in a box.

So here I am, Sophomore year, refusing to stay in a box. Making my own decisions and trying new things. Being the best me I can be and refusing to let the stress of college weigh down on my body.

Before I end, I would like to talk about the best decision I have made this year thus far. Late last semester I enrolled in an Improv class for the fall. I told myself that if I get overwhelmed, that class would have to be the first to go. This class is SO much fun. All I have ever wanted to do is make people laugh and I think I am actually getting better at it!! In a structured setting!! I can make sarcastic one liners and get some laughs but actually conducting a scene and thinking on my feet was foreign to me. The students in the class are so supported and our instructor is one of the coolest people ever. I want to be her best friend. I'm trying really hard. I keep sitting right by her at the beginning on class and making comments about my Saturday Night Live knowledge. She's been complimenting me on my improv moves, which is helping with my self esteem issues so thank you. Basically BFF's.
Anyway, that's what's going on so far in my academic life. Nothing is really happening in my personal life. I'd have to have a personal life for things to be happening. *badum chick* OOHH I forgot! I'm going to Israel! Catch me in the holyland in December! So excited to explore the history of my ancestors and be in a different country because, well, you get it.

Peace out loyal readers! :)


Also, check me out on http://www.hercampus.com/school/msu !!

(Shameless plug! I'm almost a professional!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment