Saturday, September 3, 2016

Going Out

Let me tell you how cozy my bed is. It's like getting a thousand hugs from a million clouds. There's nothing like snuggling up in my cloud and watching a couple episodes of Portlandia while eating some popcorn and drinking some juice. I could do it everyday.

I made a promise to myself that once I got to college I wouldn't be so stubborn and that I would step out of my comfort zone. No longer would I be in bed at 8pm watching Netflix every night. NO. Lindsey Rose will be out on the town. Fucking shit up and creating memories.

I broke my promise. I've been at college a week and I have "gone out" approximately two times. Neither of those times involved illegal substances and I was back in my dorm by 1:00am. I know right? Rebel. The second time I actually left before everyone else and just curled up in my bed.

"Going out" is term I hear at least 12 times a day since I've been at college.
I have come to the conclusion that "going out" isn't everything. This may be me trying to justify not wanting to be around drunk slobs all night but it's true. It's perfectly okay to stay in every once in a while. What I have noticed is a problem is that I stay in too often. I haven't gotten the college experience yet.

Now I'm not at college so I can get drunk and miss class everyday. I'm at college to learn and to make myself more prepared for the real world. But of course I want to have fun and jump around to loud music while dripping in sweat. I promise I'm cool guys. I just like my alone time sometimes. Okay all the time. I swear I'm trying to work on it. Like I have said earlier, I was never much of a "going out" person in high school. New year, new me! Maybe. There's still time.

Anyway, I refuse to feel badly for wanting to stay in and cuddle in my cloud. I won't apologize for not always feeling comfortable with going out. I will say that my lack of stepping out of my comfort zone is a problem. College is for trying new things. I don't mean a new Netflix show. I mean doing things you never thought you'd do. For me, it's going out. Frats, beer, boys, loud rap music, sweat, girls wearing minimal clothing, and good times. The whole sha-bang.

Going out may seem bizarre but never leaving your dorm room doesn't make for any interesting stories either.

-L

2 comments: